Saturday, February 18, 2012

San Luis Obispo Bike Month Logo Competition


Final Logo.
Sketches.

Here's my explorations for this logo...I tried to make the bike design my own by adding different gradients and simplifying the design to it's essence. The colors are purely American, since this is a national event taking place all in May. I couldn't help being subconsciously influenced by "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" when I was choosing the colors though.

I got inspiration from the bicycle wheels, the spokes and all the lines and shapes it creates. That led to make the encasing an abstract wheel. I picked a nice, clean, fun font, because riding a bike is FUN! It's was a  very organic, try, fail, redo, kind of process...like most art :)      

PS- My logo didn't make to the final 7, but you can see the others here.

No comments:

Post a Comment